Saturday, December 29, 2012


This was my first attempt with lard and goats milk in a cold processed soap. 


I really like the look of this soap.  It went thru a partial gel.  I was not expecting that.  I tried to cool it down surrounding it with ice.  I used Fruitasia Fragrance oil and they smell pretty good.  I don't know if it is in my head, but I swear I can smell the lard.  My fellow soapers tell me that I shouldn't be able to smell anything except my fragrance.  I made beer soap with the same container of lard and don't notice the "lard" smell in them.  I am going to give it a couple days and then take another whiff to see if what I smell.  I have so many different fragranced soaps curing on my shelves, perhaps I just smell something else mixed in with this soap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment